When developing, starting, or expanding your business there are many steps and procedures one should be aware of including licensing, land use by-laws, permits and so on. Below are links and information regarding business process, regulations, and permits you should be aware of!
Thinking of starting a business? There are several things to consider.
- If you don’t know what type of business you are interested in, check out business opportunities which may be available locally.
- If you know what you are interested in, check BizPal to determine what permits you would require.
- Know the development process, so that you can plan a timeline with which to organize your needs.
- Check the Land Use Bylaw to help determine a suitable location for your type of business.
- Write a business plan, not only for the startup time frame, but for the first 3-5 years to help determine your financial needs and to meet your business goals.
- Know about municipal taxation.
- Contact our office at 403-362-7641 to answer any of your questions.